Friday, October 15, 2010

From Savasana to Stepping Out of the Box...

By Megan Colleen Kelly
SANKHYA Yoga Correspondent and Yoga Expert ;-)

Another fabulous week at SANKHYA! But a twist to the norm. This week Biore' Skincare & Physique 57 provided samples of Biore' products and a crazy workout!

Physique 57 was insane and challenging. They brought ballet barres, mats, balls and straps. Also equipped with their own sound system - it felt odd to hear funky bass in the studio - normally serene and peaceful, was now transformed into a high energy class with a microphone headpiece and motivational pep talks. It kicked our yogi butts. Oh My Genesha!

It made me think about stepping out of the box. Doing something we wouldn't normally do. Keeping life interesting. I thought I said "goodbye" to "working out" years ago when yoga came into my life. I forgot what it was like. In the 1st 20 seconds I almost regretted leaving my comfy box. But at the end of class, I felt great. Rejuvenated. A little proud of myself for making it through. A metaphor for life and a constant in every yoga practice to ebb and flow with the breath of life instead of resisting the difficult, the new, or the uncomfortable... within reason, of course ;-)

It's nice to try new things. Get out and do something different. Challenge yourself. Learn and grow. Motivate others. Never let grass grow under your feet. Grab a friend to join you!

Of course, SANKHYA will be here as your soft place to land. Your comfy box where you know you'll be challenged, nurtured and loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment